National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots organization for people with mental illness and their families. Founded in 1979, NAMI has affiliates in every state and in more than 1,100 local communities across the country.
Clinical Psychology – Mental Health Resources
Here is a list of different mental health illnesses and resources for people suffering from mental illness as well as their family and friends.
National Institute of Mental Health
Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various mental illnesses.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) integrates elements of many effective psychotherapies in structured protocols that are designed to maximize treatment effects.
Drug Rehab 101
Drug Rehab 101 is presented for adults and teens offering information on drug abuse, drug treatment, and related issues.
Alcohol Counseling Service and Mental health Center of Dane County
The mission of the Mental Health Center of Dane County, Inc. is to provide individuals and families with high quality, community based, recovery oriented, mental health, substance abuse, and advocacy services that respect cultural differences and foster hope, strength, and self determination.
NewStart is Meriter Hospital’s comprehensive chemical dependency rehabilitation program.
UW Health’s Gateway Recovery is a state-certified alcohol and other drug abuse and mental health treatment clinic.
Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
Tellurian UCAN, Inc. is a not-for-profit agency that provides a wide array of human services. Services address problems relating to substance abuse and addictions, mental illness, and homelessness.
Off The Wagon: The Real Facts about Drugs
Off the Wagon is a guide to explore the facts behind drug use and abuse, including in-depth resources you can use to help someone you love or care about.
- Parental Stress Center: 608-241-4888
- Rainbow Project : 608-255-7356
- Briarpatch Youth Services, Inc. (formerly Briarpatch):
24 hour hotline 608-251-1126
- Elder Services Helpline: 608-224-3666
- Rape Crisis Center: 608-251-7273
- Suicide/Crisis Intervention – 24 hour line: 608-280-2600
- Outreach OutReach is Madison and south central Wisconsin’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community center.
Domestic Abuse and Survivors Links
- Madison: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
- Wisconsin: Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) • 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- Stop Family Violence